In celebration of our upcoming collaboration with Dogfish Head, we’ll be throwing an epic party on April 6th at 6pm called Nano-Nano Beer and Bites Pairing with Dogfish Head featuring Dogfish founder craft beer luminary, Sam Calagione! Yes, Sam will be here in town to party with us!
This event will be open to the public and begin at 6pm. Rolling Chefs, Chacos Chinese Tacos, and others will be offering a la cart pairings with Dogfish and Funky Buddha beers. Naturally, we’ll have plenty of special releases on tap including a vintage keg of Dogfish Head 2011 Black & Blue and a cask of 75 Minute IPA (a first in Florida)! Also expect a bevvy of special Funky Buddha draughts including the appearance of Barrel-Aged Morning Wood (Imperial Maple Bacon Coffee Porter aged in Heaven Hill barrels).
Back in January of 2014, we collaborated with our friends from Dogfish Head on a beer for Boston’s Extreme Beer Fest. The beer we made was called Nano Nano, a name that celebrates the roots of both Dogfish Head and Funky Buddha Brewery as small, independent, nano breweries making beers mere gallons at a time. This imperial porter was brewed with cocoa, smoked habanero peppers, black strap molasses, and sea salt harvested from both the Florida and Delaware coasts. But because we only made five barrels of it, we were unable to bring any to Florida. So we set out to fix that!
Nano Nano is coming back! Dogfish Head will be joining us in the next few weeks to brew another batch of our Imperial Porter to be released in upcoming months throughout Florida.
· Dogfish Head Namaste
· Dogfish Head Festina Peche
· Dogfish Head Burton Baton
· Dogfish Head Black & Blue – 2015
· Dogfish Head Aprihop
· Dogfish Head Sixty One
· Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale
· Dogfish Head 75 Minute – Cask
· Dogfish Head Black & Blue – 2011
· Dogfish Head Palo Santo – 2014
· Dogfish Head Festina Lente
· Funky Buddha Heaven Hill Barrel-Aged Morning Wood (Imperial MBCP)
· Funky Buddha More Moro
· Funky Buddha Last Snow
· Funky Buddha Uncle Vucub’s
· Funky Buddha Rum Barrel Imperial Pina Colada
· Funky Buddha Key Lime Berlinerweise
· Funky Buddha Cabernet Barrel Stout with Cherries and Cocoa
· Funky Buddha Bonita Applebum
· Funky Buddha Maple Bacon Coffee Porter
· More to Come!
Served/sold a la carte (no tickets required)
Plum- and chile- glazed duck wing
served with Dogfish Head 61 Minute IPA
Stonefruit Shrimp and Grits
served with Funky Buddha Bonita Applebum
Funky Buddha Brewery is located at 1201 NE 38th Street in Oakland Park.