Press Release: Due South Brewing Company will be holding its annual Trench Day festival Saturday, January 21st from 3 p.m. – 6 p.m. in the Due South Brewing taproom. Trench Day is held every year in January to celebrate the release of our Gold medal (Florida Brewers Guild Festival) winning Mariana Trench® Imperial Stout and features unlimited samples of exceptional, hard to find beers from our brewery and those across the state of Florida in an intimate setting.
Only 300 total tickets will be sold, a number which we’ve kept low year after year to maintain the ambiance of the event. This is not your typical beer festival full of crowded booths and long lines.
For $50, tickets include admission to the event, a commemorative tasting glass, one (1) bottle of 2017 Mariana Trench Imperial Stout, and unlimited beer samples, including many rare releases, from Due South and other Florida breweries. In addition to the bottle that accompanies admission, festival-goers will be able to purchase vintage and cellared 2016 Mariana Trench, 2016 Barrel Aged Mariana Trench, and 2017 Mariana Trench, all with no limit and while quantities last.
The beer itself boasts an impressive and well rounded character, full of roasted grains such as Chocolate Malts and Roasted Barley, which combine with the addition of Flaked Oats, Cocoa Nibs, and Madagascar Vanilla Beans to create a dark stout worthy of its namesake: the Marianas Trench, site of the deepest known part of the world’s oceans.
Some of the breweries coming to the festival and some of the beers that will be pouring include:
– Due South Brewing’s Mariana Trench
– Due South Brewing’s 2016 Mariana Trench
– Due South Brewing’s Rum Barrel Aged Mariana Trench
– Due South Brewing’s Bourbon Barrel Aged Mariana Trench
– Due South Brewing’s Cookies & Cream Mariana Trench
– Due South Brewing’s Mexicana Trench (Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout with Chocolate, Vanilla, Cinnamon & Chili Peppers)
– Due South Brewing’s Silky Johnson (Chocolate Peanut Butter Stout)
– Due South Brewing’s Turb Ferguson (New England Style Pale Ale)
– Due South Brewing’s Manuel’s Dojo (Margarita Berliner Weisse)
– Due South Brewing’s Saigon Weekender (Berliner Weisse with Cucumber, Lime & Jalapeno Peppers)
– Due South Brewing’s Chocolate Coffee Doppelbock
– Due South Brewing’s Nigel Hasselhoff (Doppelbock with Earl Grey tea & Walnuts)
– Due South Brewing’s Bourbon Barrel Aged 88 Shilling Scotch Ale
– Due South Brewing’s Bacon Maple Orange Imperial Caramel Cream Ale
– Due South Brewing’s Oaked Category 5 IPA
– Due South Brewing’s Oaked Lime Citrafied™
– 26 Degree Brewing Co.’s I Pee Lager (India Pale Lager)
– 7venth Sun Brewery’s Intergalactic Pale Ale (Pale Ale featuring Galaxy hops)
– Bangin’ Banjo Brewery’s OJ Session (Session Wheat IPA)
– Barrel of Monks Brewing’s Strawberry Beret (Amber Ale with Strawberries)
– Devour Brewing Co.’s Visual Chaos IPA (New England Style IPA)
– Green Bench Brewing Co.’s Saison de Banc Vert with Cranberries (Foeder-aged Saison with Cranberries)
– Saltwater Brewery’s Monk’s Vacation (Belgian Strong Dark Ale aged on South Jersey Cranberries, Spruce, Juniper berry, Nutmeg, Cinnamon, and Orange peel)
– Civil Society Brewing’s Pulp (American Wheat Ale)
– Cigar City Brewing’s Imperial Oatmeal Raisin Cookie (Brown Ale with spices)
For a full and constantly updating list of participating breweries and tap list, please visit Due South’s Facebook event.
About Due South Brewing Company
Due South Brewing Co. is a distributing brewery in Boynton Beach, FL. Their beers are currently available on draft and in cans in hundreds of bars, restaurants, and stores in Florida, from Key West to Jacksonville, including Orlando and Tallahassee. The Due South Brewing Co. tasting room & brewery is open to the public every day at noon except Monday when they are closed.