Orlando’s Zymarium Meadery grand opened in August 2023, and the team is waisting no time in hosting a mead-centric event this Halloween.
From Zymarium Meadery:
Special meads this weekend!
Florida Black Mangrove Honey, fresh lime and grapefruit juice, pomegranate, almonds, cinnamon, anise, clove, fennel, ginger.
Our very first Tiki-inspired mead, based on the classic Zombie!
Spiced Pumpkin Pie mead
Florida Holly honey, real pumpkin and our in-house blend of spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, and ginger).
Blood of the Elder Gods (extremely limited)
Florida Black Mangrove honey, Japanese Black Sugar, Cranberry, Vanilla.
Served in blood bags, this combination of flavors tastes like black cherries.
Special Events for Halloween Weekend:
- The first 20 people, in costume, that mention this email get a free glass of Night’s Whisper.
- This award winning black currant mead is from 2019, and we’ve been aging a magnum for a special occasion!
Saturday (Oct 28th)
- Annual Chills 50 Pub Crawl & Costume Contest!Everyone with a Chills 50 wrist band gets:
- $5 off custom flights
- $1 of full pours
and of course…
- EVERY Saturday and Sunday from Noon-3pm you can enjoy $6 Mead-Mosa’s, with your choice of our Florida Lychee, Guava Pastilitos, or Mango Lassi topped off with Miel de Miel!
- There are no food trucks scheduled this weekend, but you are always welcome to bring in your own food! (Pairing tip: sweet meads go incredibly well with spicy food)
About Zymarium Meadery
Zymarium Meadery is a collaboration between co-owners Joe Leigh and Ginger Leigh who are bringing together their individual and shared passions to showcase the art and science of making high quality, flavorful meads. Joe Leigh, who is Zymarium’s master mead-maker, has developed over 85 unique and highly rated meads with over 30 medals and awards in mead making in the past 3 years, including 6 Mazer Cups, and was named one of the top 10 AMMA National Mead Makers of the year in 2018 and 2019. Ginger Leigh, who is known professionally as Synthestruct, is a multisensory artist and experience designer whose large scale audio-visual works and interactive installations have been presented at venues around the world, and was voted Orlando’s ‘Best Visual Artist’ (Orlando Weekly 2020) for her works throughout the city at Snap! Gallery, Immerse, Dazzling Nights, and the Orlando Science Center.